Sheri Salatin is the marketing director at Polyface Farm and stay-at-home mom of three children. Sheri is passionate about clean food and enjoys working the land along side her husband, Daniel.
Sheri was influential in getting the buying clubs up and running and now oversees 25 drop locations throughout Virginia and Maryland with over 3,000 families. The buying clubs are nurtured under her direct oversight and she is the go-to person for all questions about marketing to metropolitan areas.
Through real life experiences, Sheri has honed her skills and shares some of the best ways to approach and sell to some of the top chefs in the world.
Polyface services more than 4,000 families, 10 retail outlets, and 50 restaurants through on-farm sales and metropolitan buying clubs with salad bar beef, pastured poultry, eggmobile eggs, pigaerator pork, forage-based rabbits, pastured turkey and forestry products through relationship marketing.
In July 2014, Sheri launched a website called Eager Farmer – Connecting experience, education and enthusiasm in farming. The site is a world-wide online help wanted for farmers to find interns, apprentices, land. employees and farm managers. For land owners to find someone to manage their farm or teach them to farm. And for wannabe farmers to find a place to get the experience they need to launch their own farming endeavors.
Today Sheri spends her days juggling marketing, website maintenance, blogging, motherhood, and farming. At thirty-four, Sheri is married to husband Daniel and has two sons Travis and Andrew and one daughter Lauryn.
Sheri was tremendous and easily shares a stage with Joel and has as much to bring to the table. Great addition
-Suzanne Nelson from the Stockman Grass Farmer Marketing School with Joel Salatin and Alan Nation
- Be the Middleman: Catch and and Keep those Elusive Profits You’ve spent all your blood, sweat and tears creating the world’s best product only to lose your profits to the vilified middleman. Sheri will share about her experience with capturing the entire retail dollar for your products and down-to-earth tips on catching and keeping customers for your farm.
- Your Farm Food to Urban Mouths: Start a Metropolitan Buying Club Increase sales with less time away from the farm. Join Sheri as she gives her experiences, hard-core marketing tips and ideas on starting and adding a buying club delivery service to your farming enterprise. She will cover what it is, how it works, and how to get started.
- The Daughter-in-Law Diaries: Finding your Place on the Family Farm (see article here)
- Restaurant Marketing 101: How to sell your farm food to chefs If you would like to increase sales and see your farm food on the tables of your local restaurants, this is the session for you. Learn to speak the language of chefs! Sheri will cover all the bases on marketing to restaurants.
- Metropolitan Buying Clubs 101: How to start and succeed in selling your products in a home-based delivery system A detailed look at starting and managing a metropolitan buying club. Sheri will cover what they are, how to start one and give insight on the computer software used for managing them. Everything you need to know about buying clubs.