Farm Tour Policy
Polyface is a working farm that receives no taxpayer money via government grants or subsidies. We stay in business by using our time productively doing important daily tasks. As much as we would love to spend time with everyone who comes by, we simply can’t. We have literally hundreds of visitors a week. Here is our farm tour and visit policy:
- SELF-GUIDED TOUR: We have an open door policy. Anyone may come anytime Monday through Saturday to see anything anywhere. Please respect the privacy of our homes. We have a completely transparent farm operation and truly welcome the integrity that this openness engenders. If you do this on a Monday – Saturday (we are closed Sundays) and want to also purchase products, please check our store hours. For our policy about working with us for a day, please see our Tag Along page.
- GRASS STAINS TOURS: Polyface offers two-hour educational walking tours of the farm. We welcome anyone interested in learning more about Polyface, including school groups (elementary through post-graduate), families, homeschool groups, church groups, girl/boy scouts, corporate groups, senior groups, etc. Although the farm is most active in the spring, summer and fall, we will happily schedule a tour any time of year. Heather Juda, Polyface apprentice graduate and current farm manager at Greenmont Farm, leads these tours and offers an up-close view of each farm enterprise and how they work together as a whole. Please send Heather an email (email@example.com) for more information or to schedule. The cost is a $200 flat rate and prepayment is required to secure the booking. We cannot offer refunds but will happily reschedule due to inclement weather or other unforeseeable event.
- LUNATIC TOURS: Nominal fee per person aged 13 and up, led by either Joel or Daniel. Offered two times per month, these genuine hay wagon tours are limited to the first 100 people to reserve spots. For both young and old this meandering driving tour stops at all the different pastured animals, where the Polyface lunatic farmers sound forth on everything from earthworms to earth muffins. More fun than a theme park roller coaster ride, this tour has something for everyone, from farmers to corporate executives. Even McDonald’s junkies are welcome. You’ll never be the same. The diverse people who attend these is profound, and generates unexpected conversations. Epiphanies are normal. Click here to book your Lunatic tour today!
Be sure to arrive 20 minutes prior to start of tour, we will not backtrack for late comers. The tour is only 2 hours; we will not run longer if you are late.
2017 Lunatic Tour Schedule:
- Saturday, April 8
- Saturday, April 22
- Saturday, May 13 – Free Range Saturday!
- Saturday, May 20
- Friday, June 16
- Monday, June 19
- Saturday, June 24
- Saturday, July 15
- Friday, August 11
- Monday, August 14
- Wednesday, August 16
- Saturday, September 9
- Saturday, September 30
- Saturday, October 7 – Free Range Saturday! (Lunatic Tour is SOLD OUT)